Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, April 23, 2018

Thousand Lights Lead Our Fortunes - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Lights on Dark Waters" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Thousand Lights Lead Our Fortunes" is the phrase I received for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. Wow. I am really having trouble realizing the meaning of this. Perhaps today's painting will help.

This art work is encaustic on board, and I love the "feel" of the image. Have you ever stood on a dock at night and watched lights shimmer on the water? Sometimes the reflections are many more than the lights creating them. Perhaps the lights on the water create a time of magic for you. Perhaps they cause you to reflect on the past and into the future. Perhaps a revelation is born in your mind. A thousand lights. A thousand new ideas. The plot of a novel. A new innovative thought for a painting.

"Lights on Dark Waters" is a special image for me. What do you think?




5 comments:

Birgit said...

The darkness of the background is marked, very brightly by the yellows and whites. I could easily imagine the whites are from the lights of the city where the yellows are the stars in the sky. I love your paintings and how they are formed by the title you give them.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It looks like lights from a campground. I see the hazy smoke, too.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Birgit and Diane, I appreciate your comments. I especially like to know what you see because, in these paintings, everyone has their own visions. Thank you.

Birgit said...

I actually see numbers as if the vision is trying to speak to me

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Wow, Birgit, that's interesting!