Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, April 27, 2017

"W" is for Wonder - #A to Z Blogging Challenge

"W" is for Wonder in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. What word could be more appropriate for the seeker who wonders about everything--people, the world, the universe, the earth beneath one's feet? Today's little painting from the "Spirit Visions" series reminds me of the view from the window of  a big jet, flying above the clouds. What we see from above is amazing and always causes me to wonder.

"Wonder, Spirit Visions" ©Mary Montague Sikes


Wonder

Where, what, why, I wonder.
Wide and wild and wondrous,
Wakening to a vision that rambles
In disarray towards journey's end.

In vibrant wonder, I stand
Seeing and seeking the light,
Sometimes reaching for it,
Just beyond my touch.

One day the clouds will rise higher,
And I shall see them expand,
Always hiding their own secrets
They will not reveal to me.

Forever, I am watching and listening
To a language I do not know
And a vision I do not see
All lost within the clouds.

Mary Montague Sikes 

 

2 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I love the frosty lines.

Birgit said...

I agree that it feels like one is in an airplane looking at the clouds towards infinity. You captured the idea of wonderment not only in your painting but your poem as well