Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, April 20, 2017

"Q" is for Quest - #Blogging A to Z Challenge



"Q" is for Quest in today's A to Z Blog Challenge. Life is a journey and a spiritual quest to know more. Who are we? Why are we here? Today's painting is another small one, 4" x 6", in the "Spirit Visions" project. Does this image describe a spiritual quest?

"Quest, Spirit Visions" ©Mary Montague Sikes



 Quest

In my quest for the truth, angels surround me.
Angels carry forth the banner of life.
Colors rage wild in their hands
And make clear the reason for the journey.

Florescent their lights shine
In wide arcs and circles bright.
They beckon me to follow
Promise answers I will find.

Looking near and far, I see
The lonesome trail is weak.
The journey clumsy and sometimes sad,
The riches I seek are invisible to the eye.

Cluttered, hidden, there is a tree.
It is the tree of life
Concealed behind the hardness of a rock.
The tree of life holds all the answers. 
 
Mary Montague Sikes

2 comments:

Birgit said...

So...when I opened your blog and saw your painting, I just said..."Wow!" It is so vibrant, bright and the swirls...love it and your poem just seems to tie the word and the vision together

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - I too love the colours and so much to read into the journey; while the poem questing forth ... certainly makes us think to focus to find our true way ... cheers Hilary