Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, September 14, 2015

Painting Like Georgia at Hilton Head and More

"Painting Like Georgia, the Last Day" - some participants with work they produced ©MMSikes
"Cookout at Island Club" ©Mary Montague Sikes

Even without ideal weather, a week on Hilton Head Island can be special. The rain wiped out the tennis welcome event as well as the pro exhibition. But my "Painting Like Georgia" workshop at the Art Academy went well, and I loved being with the artists there. Our daughter flew her Mooney into the Hilton Head Airport; my sister and brother-in-law visited; and I discovered the Coastal Discovery Museum at Honey Horn. It was a fun week.

"Getting Ready for Flight" ©Mary Montague Sikes
 Have you ever returned home from a trip and wished you could have spent more time with each of the activities?

That's how I feel. I wish the artist workshop I taught had gone on for longer than three days.

"Art Gallery at Coastal Discovery Museum" ©MMSikes

"Spanish Moss at the Coastal Discovery Museum" ©Mary Montague Sikes

   


 

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What a great place for a workshop! Glad it went well despite the rain. And that family got to come in and see you.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Alex! It is a great place for a workshop!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've never even been to Hilton Head.

When I visit a theme park, I always wish I could stay there longer and ride the coasters more times.