Daddy's Christmas Angel

Saturday, April 19, 2014

"Q" is for Quoin Island National Park in Australia

"Quoin Island" - Australian National Parks photo
Well, "Q" is a hard letter for National Parks in the United States. However, there is Quoin Island National Park in Australia. I've always wanted to travel "down under", so I can put this one on my bucket list.

Not a lot of information exists. It's located in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in Queensland, about 1210 miles northwest of Brisbane. The park was established in 1989 and might be likely to be part of an adventure tour for visitors to Australia. I would love to hear from anyone who has been a visitor to the island or nearby.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I haven't been, but it's on my bucket list, too. Look at the color of that water!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, I haven't been down under. Check with Rhonda Albom or Lynda Young - they'd know!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Melanie, it will be another reason to go to Australia.

Thanks, Alex, for the suggestions.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I'd love to visit out that way! There's so much I want to do in Oz, though.