Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, February 14, 2014

Hearts Are Not Just for Valentine's Day

"Whose Heart Is This?" framed acrylic painting ©Mary Montague Sikes
Heart art captivates my imagination. I love seeing it year round. I learned long ago that hearts are not just for Valentine's Day.

Anyone familiar with children's art work knows that they adore heart images. They often sign their names accompanied by little hearts.

The possibilities are endless. On line you can find art work titles such as "One Hundred and One Hearts." Then you will see all those different little heart images strewn across the canvas. Only the imagination can limit the creation of inventive heart paintings. That could even be a title, "The Inventive Heart."

I want to try a heart painting using some of those Robert Doak intense pigment watercolors that I love. When I create that painting, I will post it here.

For today, please make your own special heart drawing. Then, remember that hearts are not just for one day a year. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's very nice, Mary! Love should be for every day.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti .. I had hearts from Lenny - they always warm my real heart ... love the art work .. cheers Hilary