Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, October 15, 2012

Blog Stats and Copyright Issues

Since my discovery of the Blogspot Overview and Stats information, I've been looking at it and comparing it with my StatCounter at the bottom of my blog. The information is different, and I don't know why.

For example, the Blogspot Overview shows more page hits than StatCounter, yet the overall number of visits listed is the same. The StatCounter gives some more detailed information like exactly where the visitors are from.

The Stats information shows me that my post on Statistics a couple of weeks ago is almost as popular with visitors as the post I wrote in 2011 about Joe Dubois. It's really interesting to see which posts have created the most interest.

Copyright MMSikes
However, some of the hits are giving me concerns about copyright issues. I have a copyright statement at the bottom of my blog below everything else on my site. Do I need more copyright statements after each individual blog and under every photograph?

I hadn't thought much about it until I found a lot of hits on the subject of beach scenes. They went to the blog with this photo. While I want lots of blog traffic, I don't want others to use my photos or other material.

Has anyone else been concerned with this issue? I would like to know you opinions.

Mary Montague Sikes

 Please visit the Romancing the Heart blog http://tinyurl.com/8q2gxzf where I am guest author this week.

Also, please visit the Oak Tree Press site - http://otpblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/learning-to-like-book-signings.html. I have a post there about book signings.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I suppose you could add a watermark to your photos.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

That's an idea. I just haven't wanted to do it.

Thanks, Alex.