Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, February 23, 2012

When Things Get Crazy, You May Forget Something Really Important

Today, mid-morning, one of our daughters called us from Dallas. Both my husband and I picked up our telephones. She was calling to wish him "Happy Birthday"!

I had forgotten it was his birthday. Life was racing along so fast. I didn't add his birthday to the list of items by my computer. I was hurrying to handle as many e-mails as I could before we left for our tennis league. I also was rushing to print out some greeting cards to fulfill an order.

I had forgotten the most important thing I needed to remember for the day. Have you ever done that?

When I arrived at the desk at the tennis center, I was surprised to hear someone wish the tennis director, "Happy Birthday"! I was happy to learn the two share a birthday. Both are Pisces.

Busy has not gotten any better, so I don't know what I should do to make up for my forgetfulness. I found a photo from years ago of him holding our youngest daughter.

Things are crazier now than they were then, I think. Guess that's why I forgot something really important!

Happy Birthday from the Passenger to Paradise who needs to improve her memory!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Tell him happy birthday!
And I have no problems with people forgetting my birthday.

In Which We Start Anew said...

Aw, happy birthday to him! I've done that before too... as I get older, though, I mind things like that less and less. Make some time for him in the coming days, even if you have to say "no" to something else. Spending time with each other is important... :)

Amy Sikes said...

I forget important stuff all the time! Maybe it's genetic! ;)

nutschell said...

Life flies so fast its easy to forget things like that. :) hope he had a great one!