Daddy's Christmas Angel

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"K" Is For Kauai

"Bali Hai" MM Sikes
"K" is for Kauai, the favorite Hawaiian Island for the Passenger to Paradise. Of course, it's my duty to love to travel. The first time I saw Kauai, my experience was magical. From the Princeville Hotel with its impressive golf course, I saw the glorious mountain formation known as Bali Hai that was made famous in the musical production South Pacific.

Kauai is truly a fantasy place. Not only does it have its own Grand Canyon, but the Na Pali  can only be reached by boat. There are some trails, and we started up one but found it pretty rugged. It was shocking to discover a Grand Canyon almost as awe-inspiring as the one in Arizona.

If you want photo ops in every direction, make your destination Kauai.Thanks A to Z Blog Challenge for a chance to showcase the destinations I love as the Passenger to Paradise.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I've only been to Kauai once, but I'd love to go back. It's truly wonderful.

Julie Flanders said...

Wow, this sounds like an amazing place. Just reading it made me wish I could get on a plane now, I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. Someday!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Jenny and Julie for stopping by. Kauai is a fabulous destination!

Michael Di Gesu said...

I've never been to the Hawaiian Islands, but someday I hope to be able to visit all of them. Kauai looks stunning.

FilmMattic said...

That photograph is beautiful. I've never been, but your written endorsement should appear in every promotional travel magazine because I want to pack up n go right now!

And you say they have a wonderful golf course. Even better.

Great blog!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Michael, I definitely recommend that you go, take your walking shoes and camera and just enjoy!

Matthew, the scenery is absolutely amazing. Just seeing it all might take away from your chance to play golf. Hope you get there!

Martha said...

I was so young when I visited Hawaii I don't recall the names of the places I went other then Honolulu unfortunately. Guess I'll just have to travel back someday and see it again :-)

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Yes, Martha, there are many excuses for going back! Thanks for your comment.