Daddy's Christmas Angel

Sunday, November 30, 2008

More Shopping in Sedona

When we went back to Sedona last summer to check some of the places that made me write Eagle Rising, I went shopping again. This time at Chico's I found more wonderful jackets to use for book signings and other things as well. My favorite find was a pair of white jeans at a remarkable price and a gorgeous gold and silver belt. Yes, I have a real thing for belts. This is not quite as impressive as the unique belt with the beaded medallions I found last year, but it is impressive enough to be hidden away for special occasions.

I was disappointed to see that Sedona has crept ever closer to Bell Rock--the site so prominent in Eagle Rising. A shopping mall has grown up near by, and the special little restaurant with the stained glass window depicting Bell Rock is gone. It doesn't seem quite right for a place as unique and picturesque as Sedona to change.

Mary Montague Sikes, Author
Eagle Rising, Secrets by the Sea

No comments: